Sunday, December 18, 2011

Last Sunday of Advent

I'm deeply conflicted. We should be going to mass today but we're not. We've lost the nerve to venture out into today's freezing temperatures in the few little clothes we have. Our walk through Manhattan yesterday was just barely tolerable but today is much colder. We'd have to change buses and walk in the cold (28 degrees in Newark today) and we just can't bring ourselves to do it. This will need to be an item in our next confessional visits. I'd particularly like to go to mass as we begin a trip abroad (and are in the process of learning some lessons about acceptance and patience). There would be a choir at the cathedral mass. I really feel disappointed and yet, I'm not going. Feeling disappointed with myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment